<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Kat 

... I think the universe hates me. Or at the very least my husband does.

For starters I've decided to stop referring to the girl who had an affair with my husband ad The Adulterous Whore. I decided that because if I refer to her as such then I should rightly refer to my husband as My Adulterous Husband and really I would have to refer to myself as My Adulterous Self. Besides being wordy it all seems a little petty. So I will just refer to her as Kat. As that is her name. And since everything I say here will be 100% true and accurate I will feel absolutely no remorse over using her actual name.

Generally speaking most of my year goes by and I don't have to think much about Kat. I hear something here or there or run into her at the park but mostly she is way on the periphery of my life. Then my sister-in-law shows up for her summer here and suddenly I have to think about her, pick Maria up at her house, call her house and risk having to speak with her, see her as she drops Maria off at my house, etc, etc, etc.

A few days ago Maria asked me if she could get portraits of my kids to take back with her to Alaska. Not something I would object to at all. But she wanted to get them taken WITH KAT'S GIRLS!! Maybe it was childish of me to say no. But goddamn it we are NOT all one big happy family! It irks me to no end.

Then last night Shawn, Maria, and Neal were going to go out. Maria leaves for Alaska tomorrow so a little sibling bonding, drinking, seemed appropriate. There was a little ambiguity about who all was going where and it seemed to me that the choices were either they were going to go to a bar or they were going to go get drinks and come back home and hang out. I wasn't terribly worried. Mostly I was just tired from being sick so the kids and I went to bed early trusting that they were all grown up enough to handle themselves.

At 3:30 in the morning!! Shawn comes staggering in. Turns out they went and bought alcohol and took it to KAT'S PLACE! Where they got drunk and played quarters until the wee-est hours of the morning. Shawn assures me nothing happened. And I believe him but I still feel damn pissed about it!

Today I had to work. I got off at 5 and Shawn called a bit before then to tell me that Maria had set up an appointment for Shawn, Maria and Neal to have portraits done at the mall. I asked him point blank if Kat was going to be there. He said "No, I doubt it, well maybe, probably because she would be driving Maria." And she did. And she was. So I got to hang out at the mall with Kat. No one seems to have any clue why in the hell this would bother me!

I was a mess. On the one hand I just wanted to take my kids and go elsewhere until it was all over. But I felt like if I leave, she 'wins'. I know that's stupid. But it seems in my overactive brain that she should be the one to back off. She should be the one to take her kids and step out of MY FAMILY'S event and be the fucking chauffeur. But she didn't and our girls played. I tried to be as nice as you can be while completely ignoring someone's presence.

While we waited for the pictures to be developed Maria and Kat went their own way and my family went to eat at the food court. Shawn was getting annoyed at me for being so glum. GLUM!?!? What the fuck? I asked him what exactly he expected me to do? Be friends with her? It's not even that she messed with my husband. Whatever. I'm over that. I just HATE HER!! I hate that everytime I have to see her it's like a slap in the face. I hate that when I see them together talking, as friends, he seems happy. I just want to shoot them both.

OK, maybe I'm over reacting. I know I'm too judgmental not to mention incredibly two faced about the whole thing.

But you know what he still has yet to say I'm sorry. And he never will and I'm going to have to put up with this shit every summer for the next 13 years!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
I don't know... There are plenty of reasons to hate her besides the obvious, glaring one. :) Holy crap, I can't believe that you are expected to be fine with this shit. I'm pissed just reading about it.
 
Me, too. I don't know how you cope with this shit. I would probably be either shouting or crying hysterically right there in the mall.
 
I agree! How fucked up is that, it's now "your" problem. Not cool!

Bastards!
 
I think you should come spend summers with me. Tell him if he wants to spend it with HER then turn abouts fair play!
 
Sometimes, spouses suck.

What a depressing post!

Now I don't want him to have that old computer after all.

Still, he does have his good points, right?
 
It's so bizarre that no one gets why this bothers you! You have a right to be uncomfortable, and shouldn't be forced into such a position!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?