<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 01, 2005

Natural Chaos 

I noticed something about myself yesterday while looking at my sister's to-do list. I need downtime. It's not really something I had ever thought of much before. I've always said that if I have more than one scheduled activity in a day I feel overbooked (and that's true) but I realized it's not just how many activities there are but how much (unscheduled) down time there is in between them.

My sister's to-do list for yesterday had 13 things on it! I kid you not. One after another after another starting with breakfast at the school at 8am and culminating in the Soccer game at 7:15pm Between that there were kids getting dropped off classes, doctor appointments. It was insane! And as a joke she had added #14 DIE! 9:00 pm to the bottom of the list. LOL

Between being at her house most of the day and going to soccer in the evening I had to take a break. I could have just hung out with her all day but I said no I have important stuff I have to do at home before soccer. And I did. I needed some time to just chill. So did Aiden. Even Kathrynn was looking a little ragged and just needed some time to be 'off' before the game.

Turned out that Shawn's sister came over and we talked and waited for Shawn to get home. And that was fine. But if that had been scheduled. Something I was planning and felt obligated to do, it would have been stressful.

This sums up a lot of my feelings lately. I love my life in all of it's scattered unorganizedness. I don't want that to change. I try to get organized thinking it will be a good thing but it seems that my life prefers the natural state of chaos. :) Path of least resistance and all that.

I don't know, just had to write some of that down for me. LOL

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
I always add "acheive world peace" and "cure cancer" on all my to-do lists.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?