<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Out & About 

So, my good friend Anna is in town for the weekend to pick up the new green Dodge Neon her daddy bought her. Yes she's a spoiled only child, yes I hate her, yes I'm jealous!

We managed to grab a small amount of time to go out last night to the Out&About in Pasco. Have you been there? It's the only 'gay bar' in the Tri-Cities as far as I know. I had always heard of it as a young person and lately my husband has wanted to go check it out (because he knows a guy who's brother is the owner) but I had never gone there before.

The problem was that we were on a rather tight schedule. We showed up there right around 8 and Anna had a ten o'clock curfew. Eight to ten is not exactly premium bar time. LOL

We got there and there were literally only two other people there! LOL More people started to trickle in over the course of the night but by the time we left there were still only 15 or so people in there. At one point this guy came and sat near us. He offered to buy us drinks. I didn't mean to offend him but apparently I did by buying my own drink. He left shortly after that. LOL

Shortly after the first guy left this other guy came up and sat with us. He was older (like my parents age older!) but he was nice and talked to us a bit about Seattle and stuff. He was very gay. And very sweet. His name was Jesse and we talked to him until we had to leave.

We left just before 10 and knew there was no way Anna was going to make it to drop me off and be back to her parents by 10 so she called and bought another hour from daddy. She had been talking all evening about wanting her haircut so when we got to my house I cut her hair. I think it came out pretty good. But honestly, I was DRUNK! I don't know that letting drunk Katie cut her hair is the wisest choice Anna ever made. On the upside she didn't cry! I cut her hair once before when we were in college and it went badly! LOL

We took pictures. Maybe she will post them.

Anyway my review of the Out&About. Lame before 10. Judging by the website it's not always lame, but when we were there it was pretty damn lame. The saddest part is I will probably go again someday, with my husband and it will be more fun. Just because we'll go later. Doesn't seem altogether fair. :)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
Jesse told me he was 45.
Drunk Katie cut hair way the heck better than sober Katie!!
My mom and dad like it/are ambivlent to it.
My friend Ruth and her mom HATE it...they kept saying "oh well it will grow out" and "don't worry everything grows back." What part of "I LOVE IT" didn't they understand!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?