<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Needing a Fix. 

So I'm an official karaoke addict I think.

See, somehow I made it to 28 without ever being shamed into karaoke. It's not that I didn't want to it's just that everytime I insisted 'I don't sing' people just foolishly believed me.

A month ago I went out to karaoke at The Town Crier. It was fun and I was conned to get up and sing back up to Love Shack. It wasn't exactly a big debut. The next week I was in Seattle and went to karaoke at The Wild Rose, a lesbian bar in Seattle. Aside from being totally intimidated but the terribly packed house I was suffering from the throat of burning fire. I could barely speak much less sing. A week ago I was determined to uphold my internal bargain with myself to sing karaoke. Sadly last week I was still horse. I felt better but was too froggy to even consider making that big break onto the stage.

But last night I did it! I sang two songs at karaoke night at the Out and About. I sang You Learn by Alanis Morriset and Lady in Red (By the guy that sings that. LOL

I don't know how I did. It felt like a weak performance, and it's nearly impossible to hear yourself up there but it was fun. And now I'm addicted to finding songs I can sing next time, already anticipating that next big high. :)

This has reintroduced me to Alanis Morriset big time. I love her songs. They are so angry! : )

Next week You Ought to Know

I want you to know, that I am happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me?
Would she go down on you in a theater?
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby?
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

1-'Cause the love that you gave that we made
Wasn't able to make it enough for you
To be open wide, No
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me
You'd hold me until you died
Till you died, but you're still alive

2-And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity?
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face
How quickly I was replaced
And are you thinking of me when you fuck her?
(rpt 1,2)

Ohh... aah... ahh... ahh...

'Cause the joke that you laid in the bed
That was me and I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes, and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails
Down someone else's back I hope you feel it
Well, can you feel it?
(rpt 2, 2...)


I know it's angrier than I am! LOL But it's SO MUCH FUN TO SING!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
I love alanis!
 
I've always loved that tune! I feel awkward playing it in front of the kids though.

She's got some good music.

I'd love to watch you do Karaoke sometime! I don't think I'm cut out for it (althoguht I do it at home with the kids!).
 
Well, you're welcome to come with me any Tuesday night Stephanie. But how do you feel about gay bars?!?! LOL
 
I actually did go to a gay bar with a friend of mine who is lesbian once. Interestingly, I was more comfortable than in a regualr bar because it didn't have that "meat market" vibe. Of course, I could have just been missing the vibe!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?