<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 22, 2005

Walking After Midnight 

I was originally supposed to start my new job last night. But because of paperwork that needs to be done before I can get into the computer and legally work, I don't get to start until tonight. So I decided to use last night to get acclimated to the night life and also for one last fling at karaoke.

So I called Holly. Because Holly is like a karaoke dealer! She can hook you up with some karaoke any night of the week. She knows all the DJ's and all the places to go. Plus she's a lesbian, and I like lesbians. LOL

So I called Holly and found out that there's karaoke on Sunday nights at Jerry's Place behind Albertsons. It starts at 6. I got there by 8. Holly didn't Show up until AFTER 10! But really that's besides the point.

I sang Walking After Midnight by Patsy Cline before Holly even got there. I was so nervous! New bar, ALL strangers! But it was survivable. As I was singing my second song, Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks, Holly came in.

I ran into Jim Major who some of you will remember. Apparently he lives on the same street as I do (well when I'm at the house with Shawn) less than a block away. Who knew? He's divorced. He showed me a picture of Andrea and the 4 kids. He gave me dome advice on marriages and how to end them. LOL

I finally sang You Oughta Know by Alanis Morriset. I've been waiting a long time to sing that song in public. There's something about getting to say Fuck into a microphone in public that's very gratifying.

I met this guy named Dan. Dan was originally hitting on me at the bar while I was waiting for Holly. Then of course he knew Holly so when she showed up he came an sat with us. He seemed old to me. So when he was hitting on me I was laughing him off. He told me he was 40 but I totally didn't believe him. He showed me his ID. He was 40. LOL Holly's mom was there as well and he was hitting on her equally. She's 53. It seemed weird to be in 'competition' with a 53 year old! LOL

Holly and I sang Give me one Reason to Stay Here by Tracy Chapman. By then they were trying to wrap things up because technically karaoke there was supposed to and around 10 and it was almost midnight. I conned the DJ (JT the DJ) into letting me sing one more song. Hanky Panky by Madonna off of my new CD. That was a Damn fun song.

Then we found out they had Karaoke at Denny's on Sunday too. So we went there. But apparently they were closing up. It was only 12:40 and the night as still young. We decided to drive out to the Out&About to do some dancing. We picked up Dan on the way (he was walking down the street) and we all squished into Holly's little pickup truck. Dan was drunk and would absolutely not stop biting my shoulder so we dropped him off at home.

We got all the way to the Out&About and they were CLOSED! At 1am! It was sad. So we drove back to Richland and went to The Uptown Tavern for a drink. There we got talking. Talking about parenting and schools and stuff of that nature, oh, and relationships. We closed down that bar. Neither of us was really sober enough to drive so we wandered around uptown talking and YELLING about how crazy the world is for believing all the mainstream crap.

Eventually I was able to drive. It was 2:30 and I was SO not ready to go home. I was having such a good time. We drove to my sisters but I decided to keep driving. We ended up sitting in the parking lot at Marcus Whitman talking until 5 am! About breastfeeding, homebirth, homeschooling, vaccinations... etc. OK, not at all how I expected my evening to go.

I had such an amazingly good time!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
cake?
cats?
 
Nope, just booze and great conversation.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?