<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Stop The World... 

I want to get off!

Where to even start...

Well I'm all moved out of my sister's house. Does this surprise you? It sure surprised me! At about 8 something this morning my mom called me to see where I was. Moments later she was at my door to tell me that Alicia (my sister for those who may not know) was on her way home from Spokane (they went for the weekend marriage thing) that she was hysterical and only really said that I had to be out of her house by the time they got back. Don't ask me why. I don't know.

So I marathon packed my belongings that have been slowly making their way over to my sister's and my dad came to get the big stuff. It's all back at my house again. I've since talked to my sister and I'm no clearer on exactly why I was evicted. Ok I didn't even bother to ask because she needs to do whatever's right for her relationship with her husband. I understand that totally. So I'm not even worried over the WHY's of the situation. Just a little (lot) disoriented because it all happened so damn fast.

It wouldn't be all that bad really but it's put me into two difficult binds. I'm supposed to be out of this house by the end of the month (count thirteen days!) I don't have someplace else to go. I was planning on hanging at her house until I saved up enough money to get into smaller cheaper place. But I don't know how I'm possibly going to work graveyards now! Gha! My mom said I might possibly be able to come stay there for a few weeks if I need to. But that's not ideal either. In fact it's about 2 degrees less ideal than staying at my sister's was. But it's only short term right, only short term.

As for long term I will likely be moving to Utah. Maybe I'm just an extremist but it seems to me the best course of action right now is to sell everything that will fetch a price, toss the rest and run off to be with Shawn in Utah. My mom is against this idea which makes it all that much more enticing. ;-) I feel like I should be totally freaking out. I'm not. I'm not all at peace with it all or anything, I just don't feel the point in freaking out at this point. I've always thought that being homeless and living in a tent would be an adventure. I just never planned on it being September! LOL

Traveling back in time, last night I went out with Keith and his sister Tanya. We had a swell time. Keith is a lightweight, Tanya was the designated driver and I got sloshed. That's all I will say about that.

There was a huge fiasco the other day with Shawn and his class. Apparently when you get a new license (Utah) you have to surrender your old license (Washington) and if you get caught with two from different states it's a $5000 fine! No, that didn't happen. But in the midst of the transferring of the licenses they found that he has a suspended license in Ohio. Ok, we knew that. We've just always pretended we didn't because WA overlooked it when they gave him this license seven years ago and we don't live anywhere near Ohio.

But in their check of his records they found that his license was suspended and that left him with two options give up and come home or pay the fines that resulted in the suspension and get it released. He chose the latter. And after a lot of phone calls and worry we managed to pay the $600 and get it all sorted out. It did put him 3 days behind in his training though which sucks. On the plus side though he no longer has a suspended license! :-)

Anyway, my head is spinning and I need a nap.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
Your Blog has been more interesting that tv lately.
WOW!
 
i still don't get how Utah is the right answer for anything. That place is down right EVIL!!!!

I love how Ali was fine with having you babysit 10 bajillion kids so she could go away for this weekend....but then the weekend taught her that she wants you out. HA!
 
I've called tents home. And teeny, tiny trailers. And a sleeping bag hidden under a bush on a hill.

It was an adventure, but sure made me appreciate running water!
 
Yes, perhaps you should go to Utah. What are your goals for the next few years? Will they be easier to meet if your kids have their father nearby?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?