<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Forty Days 

That's how long I went without seeing my husband. It's somewhat biblical isn't it? LOL

Last Wednesday plans were made. Turned out Shawn had a delivery in Portland and they were due for a 36 hour 'reset' (I don't know what that means) So they would be in Portland for the weekend. Could I make it down for some much needed family time (and some NON-family time). Absolutely! So I OK'd it with my boss and skipped out on work Thursday night. Thursday morning I headed down for 3 glorious days in Portland. The trip was flawless and the sex was amazing!
*~*~*
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Ok, no it didn't happen that way. Instead Shawn called at the last minute to say Don't come because their reset had been postponed because their next stop was Finley! (Colstor to be exact... LOL) So instead of driving the 4 hours to see him I got to let him do the driving. They had their 36 hours here with the family and we enjoyed a weekend of normal life, with great sex.
*~*~*
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Ok, nope. What actually happened was he got to come to Finley, we met him at the truck stop. We had exactly one and a half hours to cram in 40 missed days of time together. The kids were very happy to see him and very sad to see him go again. And the sex was NOT amazing. To top the whole thing off I talked to him again the next morning and he was Still in town. His trainer had decided he was too tired to drive so they had stayed the night in their truck in Finley! He had tried to call but I was already asleep. We could have had the whole night together as a family. But his trainer is a dick.

And now he's off again. Last I heard he was in Iowa heading for New York. I guess this is a good first lesson in the cruelly unpredictable life of a truckers wife.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?