<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Random School Stuff 

I have a really hard time not nit-picking Kathrynn's school experience apart. I know I shouldn't. It's by no means horrible. Over all she's really enjoying it. But damn it's like I've been to the promised land and now I've been cast back out. LOL

Friday her school had a skate party. It was fun. It WAS fun. I will give it that. One of the other moms I had met who has a daughter in Kathrynn's class was there so I didn't feel like a total alien intruder. I was the ONLY mom who skated (and there were probably close to 200 kids there). And my kids thought that was pretty damn cool. Kathrynn didn't really know anyone there though she seemed pretty content to just skate around and have fun. She's starting to lose that sense that she can just be friends with anyone she wants to. It's sad to me. Maybe I can't blame it on school. Maybe it's just she's growing up. But I prefer to blame it on school. She's always been so unafraid and sure that everyone would like her. I hate to see that go.

I met two of the moms of kids in Kathrynn's class (one above) their names are Toni and Kristin. They came and talked to me because Kathrynn had befriended them on the playground after school one day. I tried to talk to them, I did. I felt like I was being good and social. They were really nice. Thursday I went to Kathrynn's school to have lunch with her (Cheese Zombies!!) and Toni and Kristin were volunteering in the classroom (well they were in the hall) and I talked to them a bit. Toni said she had seen me the day before after school and waved but that I must not have seen her or I was just a snob. It was a JOKE. I know it was but I can't help but worry that they might think that. I've heard before that I can come across as snobby when really I'm just feeling completely awkward and inferior. Also I don't know what to say to them because I totally can't relate to the first grade parent experience. I do a lot of nodding and smiling. Ahhh!

Also I feel like everyone else gets how this system works except me. Like when we drop the kids off we're supposed to pull all the way around the circle which takes us WAY far from the front of the building. The first time I did it I didn't pull all the way around and a lady in a fluorescent vest yelled at me. On Kathrynn's first day I was trying to cross the parking lot and a lady blew a whistle at me because apparently I was crossing at the wrong spot (and setting a bad example). I'm so not cut out for school parenting. I'm too used to freedom. Whaaaa!

I know I'm just bitching and moaning and being silly. I can't blame all of the ills in life on school, as much as I might like to. They did get to go on a field trip to an orchard and pick an apple. That must count for something.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?