<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 24, 2006

Radcon Update 

Why can't every day be Radcon? LOL It's always so hard to leave when the weekend is over. I know that's pathetic. But Sunday at noon when everything is packed I stare at that hotel window and imagine if only this were my real life. LOL

Radcon was good. I made a few new friends had some unexpected adventures and didn't get enough sleep. I didn't get sick this year. I guess the trick is to show up sick. LOL I was near death Friday when I got there. I ached EVERYWHERE and had a killer headache fever, chills the works. I went to bed at 1am!

Saturday I ventured out to Walgreens for Dayquil which made an enormous difference. Although I don't think you're supposed to mix it with alcohol I didn't notice any ill effects. I felt so much better on Dayquil! I didn't sleep at all that night.

For decency's sake I can't post 90% of the highlights from my weekend. I ran into some people I met last year though as well as a few new friends. I drank and danced and drank and sat in the hall and drank and wandered and drank and made a fool of myself. And I drank. And it was good.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
I think it's only dangerous to mix dayquil with alcohol if you are driving or operation machinery.

If you are at Radcon, anything goes?
 
Katie, you weren't actually at Radcon. *waves hand like a Jedi* lol
 
Shelby mentioned an interest in Radcan. Is it teen appropriate?
 
Parts of it are. Certainly most of the daytime events are tame enough. I have good mormon friends who attended radcon for years without ever seeing it's darker underbelly. LOL And actually quite a few people bring children of all ages. There is a lot that goes on besides the drinking and debachery. Lots of gaming, an art show, workshops, and stuff. Even some stuff aimed directly at kids. I wouldn't send a 12 year old to radcon alone or anything, it's still a hotel FULL(very full) of strangers, but with appropriate parental supervision I think it would be a lot of fun for a teen. As long as they aren't overly sensitive about seeing a little exposed flesh (some of the costumes are pretty revealing).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?