<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 12, 2006

Amy 

So Shawn showed up today with Amy. When I first found out she was coming I totally panicked. I was freaking out completely. Over time I worked through it. I was still nervous and apprehensive but no longer beside myself. Today I finally met her. It wasn't bad at all.

We all met at Chuckie Cheese's. Kathrynn hit it off with Amy immediately and dragged her off to play games. It gave Shawn and I some time to talk divorce details which we needed to do.

We were there a while and then we all went back to my apartment. We just sort of hung out for a while. Then we all went to Baskin Robbins.

I talked to Amy. Nothing deep or interesting. But enough to get to know her slightly. From what I've seen, I like her. She's not overbearing and seemed to accept whatever place she was given. This is good. I was worried she would show up and be TOO eager with my kids or TOO affectionate with Shawn or TOO standoffish with me or TOO something. She wasn't any of those things. She was nice, but not overly nice to the point where it would have felt fake.

It seemed like it should all have been horribly awkward but it wasn't at all.

Shawn and I got to sit down and go over each line of the divorce papers and make it to our liking. He signed it all and we're ready to file as soon as we have the money. :)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?