<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Finally. 

For as long as I can remember I have wanted a tattoo. And I've been legal to get one for almost 11 years now. There was always just one thing standing in my way.

Shawn.

Actually there was more than just Shawn standing in my way. There was my own timidity that made it hard for me to just go and do what I wanted without having a cheerleader.

Well Shawn is gone but the need for a cheerleader is unfortunately still there. And she came in the form of Jamie. Jamie is one of the girls I work with. She's 19 but seems older, perhaps because she is also going through a divorce right now.

Anyway, yesterday she and I went out and got tattoos. It was another dream realized. It didn't even hurt as badly as I was prepared for it to hurt. :) And I think it looks totally awesome!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I designed it myself. I took in a fairly rough and thrown together drawing for the tattoo guy to use as reference but he ended up copying it nearly exactly. His lines of course are straighter than mine but really it's exactly the dragonfly I designed. I'm a little ecstatic, can you tell?

My grandmother is coming to town today. I can't decide if I should make any effort at all to hide the tattoo from my family. I AM 28 years old. LOL And I know that eventually they will all see it anyway. :)

I think I'm just going to show it to them all.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
You are so pretty in this picture.
Beautiful Tatttoo....even shannon liked it
 
Oh! That's cute!
 
Yippie! Your finally in the club!

It looks great.

Way to go.
 
OMG!!! There's something on your shoulder!!! <Slap> *squish* Ewwww.... ^_^
 
It looks awesome!!

I really want a hot hula girl tattoo. We'll see if I ever get brave enough.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?