<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 08, 2007

On and on and on. 

Again with the three month lack of blogging. Sheesh.

So I'm in school now. CBC is harder than I remember. No, using my brain is harder than I remember. So is asking for help.

I'm taking History (My second least favorite class in highschool), Math (My first least favorite) and Fitness Lab (read it as GYM and understand my horror!) But I have this crazy amazing urge to succeed at it which is all new and weird to me. I'm in PreCalculus. This baffles many of you I'm sure, especially if you went to school with me and were the only reason I passed Algeba (That would be Anna, in case you were wondering). I'm not sure how I ended up in PreCalc. I honestly think it was a clerical error. See my transcript says I took College Algebra (10 years ago) and passed with a C which qualifies me for this class. Never mind that I distinctly remember the first day (and only the first day) of that class and the fact that it was too hard and I was about 80% sure I dropped out of it. It's not that I have a horrible memory. I don't. And 10 years, while admittedly a long time ago, is not so long ago that I could completely forget an entire class!! I remember lots of my other classes. So, not surprisingly, PreCalc is hard. And while I feel giddy doing it (I can't explain it, it's the same feeling I get doing my taxes). I feel that for the most part I am in WAY over my head. I've thought of putting myself back down to Alg. No shame in that I know. But I do feel that the less classes I have to take over all the happier I will be. Of course if I fail this class I'm screwed... But the teacher is nice at least.

My history class promised to be everything I hated in highschool history plus a written paper. Lots of Names, dates, wars and bloodshed. Just what made me sleep through (or skip) it in highschool. But honestly I'm really really liking it. The teacher is a HUGE history nerd and there's nothing like listening to someone talking excitedly about something they love even if it's not something you're interested in. Plus he likes Monty Python. And I swear I've seen him at Radcon... though I can't guarantee that.

Fitness lab looks better than expected too because really it's just a (really) well stocked gym that I get to use when I want at my own pace. The only stipulation is I have to get a certain amount of hours in before the end of the quarter. I don't think it will be a problem.

Oh another great thing about going to school... internet access!! At least the 4 days a week that I'm here! YEAH!!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
I'm so proud of you being all studenty and geeky!! Well that and I suspect you to be possessed by demons or aliens or possibly both!

I know what you mean about the teacher being excited making a difference. My last teacher was a plain woman but when she would get excited about her subject she would get all glowy and mesmerizing. I loved it.
 
You have seen him at Radcon.
 
Welcome back to blog-world! I've missed your posts. I'm not so great at keeping up with it myself, and I have internet access 24/7!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?