<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 02, 2007

Here I Come. 

So it appears I'm moving to Seattle. Not today. Not this year even but come fall 2008 I will likely (hopefully) be a Seattlite.

This is happy news. About 10 years too late! But happy news.

Here's why. WSU (in Pullman) offers Bioengineering. They are the ones who turned me onto it in the first place. But on closer inspection of their class structure it became clear that they expect you to start as a freshman. In fact they seem to make it nearly impossible to transfer there as an upperclassman and get a degree in Bioengineering. They do this by having a single required bioengineering class that you have to take all four years. I almost cried!

But turns out UW offers the same degree without this weirdness. Yes, at UW I can transfer in as a Junior and finish my degree two years later. :) Happy, happy, joy, joy!

So that's the plan. Classes this quarter, classes this summer, classes all next year and then I'm off to Seattle! I will actually be able to finish my AA this year. That's my goal. But then there are several pre-recs that I think would be easier to take here.

I'm really excited about moving to Seattle. I've always wanted to. And it seems I know more people there than here in the TC's anyway!

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
god help us all
 
:P
 
I'm tired of waiting!
 
Hurrah for Katie!
 
That's awesome! I can totally see you as a Seattle-ite.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?