<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring Quarter 

Spring at CBC is so alive. For starters there are the bunnies. If you don't know, the bushes at CBC are full of wild bunnies (jackrabbits?). They are brown and terribly afraid of people although they seem entirely unafraid of passing cars. I saw a couple peeking out during the end of winter quarter but now that spring is here I'm seeing them all over. I love them. When I went to CBC before I would sit and just watch them for the longest time. When I was in high school going to CBC for summer school (construction) we found one that had an injured (nearly severed) leg and I took it home and nursed it for a day or so before passing it on to another student. The bunnies always make me happy. I'm a sap.

This morning I saw a mourning dove atop the library it was woowooowoowooing at me. It's feathers were ruffled against the cold. I wished I had my camera.

There are also little seed picking birds all around. Some kind of finch maybe. At least that's the only bird name that springs to mind. I admit I don't know much about birds. LOL But they are adorable. And they seem to be everywhere and come from nowhere.

I've seen quail too. Quail have always been special to me. I think it won't be too long now until we see the little families running around. That's my favorite time.

Spring also means new classes. This quarter I'm continuing my new found love of math by taking PreCalculus with the same teacher I had last year. There are less than 20 people in my class which is nice and I'm confident I will do well in it.

I'm also taking Introduction to Art. I have mixed feelings about this class. Of course it's only the second day. On the one hand I'm happy to be taking an art class. I love art. The teacher seems pretty cool. He says we will be doing a lot of hands on assignments (which makes sense since it's art). The text is interesting. I already feel like I'm seeing things differently and it's only the second day. But the class, at least so far, is what I think of as a 'pulling teeth class'. Where the instructor talks and asks questions but no one dares to attempt to answer them so he answers them himself and goes on. It is really frustrating! I have tons of stuff in my head to say but even when I do attempt to answer his questions he glosses over me, perhaps because he's so accustomed to people not participating? I don't know. But it drives me nuts. It reminds me of church as a teenager. It was just not cool to talk especially if you KNEW the answer.

I'm taking Cultural Geography online. This is my first online class. I'm determined to prove that I have the self discipline to succeed at online class despite the warnings from my family to the contrary. The text so far is really boring. The videos we have to watch which seem to stand in for lectures are equally boring. We were assigned countries to research based on our last names, alphabetically. I got several small countries which basically make up the Arabian Peninsula. I wasn't exactly pleased with them, but actually the research I did on them today turned out to be pretty interesting. Don't ask me to define 'Cultural Geography' just yet, I'm still a little cloudy.

Also taking fitness lab for one credit. I'm not going this week because the kids are on spring break. I will start next week. My goal is to go three times a week for at least a half hour. I don't want to leave it all for the end of the quarter like last time.

I should finally be getting financial aid sometime later this week. Things seem to be heading forward. Forward is good.

Wish me luck.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
Shelby will be taking classes there in the fall through running start. I'll have to pick your brain about classes and instructors.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?