<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 07, 2007

On my Side 

I recently learned about a program at U.W. called the Husky Promise. It's for students of UW who fall under certain income levels and it covers all tuition expenses... ALL. The way it works is if you are accepted as a student there and you would otherwise qualify for the Pell and State Need grants (which I do). Then UW promises to pick up the rest of your tuition after whatever grants and scholarships you get. Doesn't cover housing, doesn't cover books. Only covers until the first bachelors degree. But that means I can graduate without loan debt!

It's the most amazing thing I've heard of!

The incoming students this fall will be the first to take advantage of it. I hope they don't change their mind about it before next fall. It makes me feel like the Universe is on my side. Like this couldn't have happened at a better time.

I will still need to figure out housing. But I'm thinking that will fall into place too. The Universe won't leave me out in the cold (rain), right? ;)

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
and my mom figured out how to get you lab experience which you would know if you pick up the damn phone or listen to your voicemails...

so YAY for the universe on our sides. Think the universe will pay for my schooling too? I'm starting to worry about that now that i have been accepted
 
That's so awesome!
 
Yet another reason to hate the Huskies. You are my sworn enemy now. ><
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?