<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slowing Things Down 

So after trying for a while to convince myself it was a bad idea and then telling everyone I know who might try to talk me out of it (so they could, but of course they didn't) I've decided to take two years instead of one to finish at CBC.

I've realized I'm pushing myself too hard at school. This quarter I'm taking Chemistry, Technical Writing and Calculus and I feel like I'm just barely staying afloat. Chemistry has a lab and I've signed up to take a second optional lab in order to get some real live lab experience (and because they project we will be doing is VERY COOL!!). Technical writing is actually a pretty straightforward class but Calculus and Chemistry are already giving me headaches and it's only the second week.

Next quarter I had been planning to take Calculus, Chemistry and Physics (which would also have a lab). I really think I would have ended up dropping out next quarter because I think ultimately I would have been overwhelmed. So I've decided to stretch the classes I need to take out into two years. This year I will focus on Math and Chemistry and next year I will focus on Physics and Biology. I think this will be less stressful and allow me to do better in those classes. Hopefully I won't come to hate the Tri-Cities SO MUCH that I give up on school completely and run off to Seattle without a degree...

I do feel a little like I'm giving up on a goal. Slacking. But I'm really not.

I'm less focused this quarter for sure though. In the spring I had Travis here which gave me a lot more freedom as far as my time. Now I don't have that plus I've become a lot more social both at school and at my apartment complex which kinda splits my focus. Damn friends!!

Oh well I will persevere.

Comments-[ comments.]
Comments:
As long as you are still in school, you are working towards your goal.

I had a couple of college classes that I passed, but literally did NOT understand, because I was split too thin between the number of classes I had and the fact that I also had a life going on.

As far as getting tired of the Tri-Cities before you finish, well, you've been tired of it for YEARS anyway. What's one more?

Keep it up, Katie. You can do it!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?